Get your DU sim car activated. Check our step-by-step activation guide, save time, avoid headaches and enjoy UAE.
Activate DU sim card – Method for travellers
- Turn on your phone after inserting the SIM card.
- Dial *122# instead of the PIN (0000).
- You’ll be asked for your passport number, arrival date, and origin country.
- A notification confirming that your request is being handled will display if the system determines that you are eligible and that you entered the necessary information.
- You will receive an SMS notification after your application has been approved. It will also show you the phone number that was assigned to your SIM card.
- For mobile network services, dial 135 to select a language.
Activate du sim card – Method for residents
- Sign in to the DU Account Renewal page.
- Enter your phone number, solve the reCAPTCHA, and select Renew Registration on the ID Renewal page.
- An SMS with a 4-digit PIN will be sent to you.
- To continue, enter the PIN.
- You’ll be sent to the page where you can upload your new Emirates ID. Here’s what you should do before pressing the Continue button:
- Upload two photos of your ID, one from the front and one from the back. You may use your smartphone camera to scan them or take images of them.
- Your Emirates ID number and expiration date must be entered.
- Before clicking on Confirm, be sure everything is in order.