How to export iPhone contacts to SIM? One of the first things we do when we change Smartphone is to copy our contacts. Nobody likes to ask for the phone number of their loved ones one by one to add them to the new phone. Of course, transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM can be a bit of a hassle.
In reality, this is not as easy to do as it is when switching from Android to Android. IPhone has certain peculiarities that make this kind of transfer difficult. In fact, we are talking about two quite different operating systems. However, there are methods at your disposal to transfer your iPhone contacts to the Android SIM and in this post we will explain them to you.
How to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM directly?
The first thing you should know is that the iPhone alone will not allow you to copy contacts to an Android SIM. This is because, to begin with, this type of device does not store contacts on the chip.
As we already know, all iPhone backups are done via iTunes and iCloud. Of course, the backup figure is indispensable for Apple users. It is clear that Apple does not approve of you storing your personal data on removable devices that can be damaged or lost.
However, all that has been said so far does not mean that it will be impossible to move your contacts from iPhone to SIM card.
How to export contacts from iPhone to SIM via Android?
We already know that copying contacts directly from an iPhone to a SIM card is impossible. However, there are other things that we can do and for that you will need an Android mobile phone.
How to transfer several contacts from the iPhone to the card?
If you only need to transfer a few contacts from your iPhone to your Android SIM card you can do it using your email. The process is simple and here’s how to do it:
- Go to the “Contacts” application on your iPhone and select the contacts you want to transfer. Select the “Share contact” option and share them via email.
- Download the vCards from your email on your Android phone. GO to the “Contacts” application on that phone and click on “Import from USB storage”.
- Follow the “Import” / “Export” path and select the “Export to SIM card” option. This will transfer the contacts from the mobile phone memory to the SIM card.
How to save all iPhone contacts on the SIM card?
Now that you know how to transfer some of your iPhone contacts to your Android, we must tell you that it is also possible to transfer all of them. Although Apple is quite restrictive, you can cleverly use some of its tools to make data transfers.
This is the case of iCloud which allows you to transfer all the contacts data stored on your iPhone. Apple’s cloud service has some interesting features and this is one of them. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the “Settings” application on your iPhone, select iCloud and then “Contacts”. Activate the “Contacts” tab.
- Log in to your iCloud account from your computer. Open the “Contacts” section while holding down the Command or Ctrl key. Select all the contacts you want to copy.
- Click on the settings icon, located in the bottom left corner of your screen. Look for the Export vCard option.
- After doing the above step, your contacts will be saved on your computer.
- Connect your Android device and transfer the contacts that are saved on your computer. To do this, open the Android Contact App and import the contacts via USB.
- Go to Import / Export contacts and export them to your SIM card.
How to save iPhone contacts to SIM from jailbreak?
Of course, in the world of technology, nothing is impossible. Apple’s restrictions are basically security measures that can certainly be bypassed. This is where Jailbreak comes in, a process to free devices from these limitations.
Of course, Jailbreaking your iPhone has its complexities. First of all, this is a difficult process to do on a technical level and requires a certain amount of experience. Also, if we make a mistake in the process we could lose the warranty of the device, or even break it. Not to mention that the security of the smartphone is compromised.
Once you decide to do the Jailbreak and it is executed correctly, you will be able to install an App specialised in transferring contacts from iPhone to SIM. There are several options on the market.
How to import contacts from SIM to iPhone?
Doing the reverse process, i.e. transferring contacts from a SIM to an iPhone is much simpler. IPhone will allow you to import if you have a SIM with a packaged address book as long as it is compatible with your Apple device. The procedure is not complicated at all:
- Remove the current SIM from your iPhone and replace it with the one on which you have the data you wish to import to your Smartphone.
- Select “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Contacts” option.
- Select the option “Import SIM contacts”.
Note: If you have an iPhone with iOS 10 or even earlier, you will see “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” instead of “Contacts”.
Applications to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM
If you need to export iPhone contacts to SIM and you have noticed that there is no option for this, you should know that it is possible to do it by installing an application. The best thing about this option is that you will be able to delete the installed application once you have all the contacts from your device stored on your SIM card.
This way, you won’t waste space on your iPhone by keeping an App that you may not use again for a long time. Without further ado, it’s time for you to learn how to copy contacts from your Apple mobile device to your SIM card and the Apps available to do so.
Nowadays, there are many Apps that you will see in Apple’s app shop. To do almost any function within your device, there is an app that will help you to do it comfortably. But, not all of them work as promised and some are a bit difficult to use.
That’s why, below, you’ll see the best apps in the App Store for exporting contacts from iPhone to SIM:
My Contacts Backup
This app is all you need to back up your iPhone contacts to your SIM. The best thing about My Contacts Backup is that you don’t have to log in or create an account anywhere to enjoy its services.
Just download it from the Apple App Store and start using it. In addition, with this App you will also be able to send your contact list to your email. This way, you will be able to keep another backup of all the phone numbers you have added to your device.
The most important features of the My Contacts Backup App are:
- Offline backup.
- Easy restore.
- Backup reminder.
- Backup with VCF (VCard).
- Contact book cleaning.
As you can see, these features are very important to manage your address book. Now, to use this application once installed on your iPhone you will have to do the following:
- Find the My Contacts Backup icon in your device’s application menu and open it.
- Select the settings icon in the bottom right corner.
- Choose the format type option and select the VCF format.
- Then, on the main screen, a notification will open and you will have to accept it in order for this App to access the contacts on your iPhone.
- Then, you will see all your contacts and a green button that you will have to select to start the copying process.
- Once the process is complete, a VCF file will be generated.
- Finally, save this VCF file in the memory of your SIM card and all your contacts will be added.
It’s that easy to use My Contacts Backup to export your iPhone contacts and copy them to your SIM card.
Contacts Backup – IS Contacts Kit Free
Important: It seems this app is no longer available
Specifically Contacts Backup – IS Contacts Kit Free is a contact manager that will allow you to access many functions within your phonebook. One of the most outstanding functions it has is copying contacts from iPhone to SIM. Accessing this function is quite easy, but first, you will need to download it to your Apple mobile device.
To download and install Contacts Backup – IS Contacts Kit you will need to go to the App Store, then note it in the search bar. After you have found it, select the “Get” button and then “Install”.
Once you have installed this application on your device you will need to follow these instructions to copy the contacts to your SIM:
- Go to the Contacts Bachup – IS Contacts Kit App.
- Next, a box will appear on the screen asking for permission to access the contacts on your iPhone and you will have to select the “Accept” button.
- Next, select the “Export” button.
- Next, choose the “All contacts” option and press “Next”.
- Finally, select the CSV/VCF format in which the contacts will be saved and select the “Start” button to begin the copying process.
When this process is ready, a VCF file will be generated and the App will ask you where you want to save it. Among the options, you can choose Gmail, email, Bluetooth or SIM Card. Choosing the SIM Card option will copy all the contacts from the iPhone to the SIM card.